Tips and techniques for the promotion of events
How would an event be successful if people are not aware of it! It is where promotion comes into the picture. The various tips and techniques of advertising are as follows-
1.Create a website
One should make a website dedicated to the event information. Highlight testimonies to showcase the worth of your event. Add a counter button to your website to show total registrations done. This creates a social proof of your public reach.
2. Plan in Advance Create a promotional calendar which helps to keep a track of the promotional campaigns. Notify your sponsors before 10-12 months.
3. Blog about The Event Focus on purpose and goals behind your event. Tap into your social network to enlist guest bloggers as it will automatically increase your promotional reach.
4. Promote your Location Highlight the positive features and provide details of transportation facilities.
5. Leverage your Sponsors and Association Partners One needs to keep the sponsors happy by putting the spotlight on them. As you advocate them, ask for reciprocation. Sponsors play a crucial role as they help to double the promotional reach.
6. Content Marketing Efforts to Give a Sneak Peek Specify the date, place and schedule of the event through banners or posters. Create snippets, videos, and a YouTube channel that grab the attention of the audience. Highlight the cool stuff or the activities that the audience has never seen before. Share videos of speakers and influencers through social media.
7. Let the audience know your speakers. Speakers have a massive potential of drawing crowds. Thus, it becomes essential to provide the speakers’ picture along with their credentials.
8. E-mail Marketing E-mail marketing will help provide detailed information to the audience. It may also act as a reminder. Send the emails on weekends and give the mails a subject line that creates awe and curiosity.
9. Social media for the best Social media has immense powers in today’s tech-savvy world. According to statistics, an average person having access to internet spends approximately 2 hours and 22 minutes on social media. This is the most significant advantage in the promotional world.
Create a list of compelling tweets, which makes it easier for your sponsors and speakers to promote your event. In this manner, they won’t use wrong hash-tags instead they will be encouraged to tweet about your event.
Facebook and LinkedIn —
Create attractive advertisements on Facebook and Twitter, which further boost your promotional activities.
10. Dinner and drinks- An invitation to sponsors, speakers, and influencers for a night out before the event can do a lot in building cohesive relationships. As you will see on the D day, people will be referring to conversations of the night before that will lead to strong personal conversations.
Hope this helps you host an event just as successful as you thought it could be!
Written by Kaizeen