- Hey girl! How are you doing? Let me guess you worried about your date. Why? Well, it could be tons of reasons: maybe because it’s with the guy you have been crushing on for weeks or months even, or perhaps it’s your first date in a long time, etc. and you don’t want to screw things up. Whatever the reason, the first date can be high pressure. After all, “The first impression is the last impression.” So, it needs to be perfect. Here are the best tips for first date.
- Well, don’t stress yourselves out because here I am going to share with you tips and tricks to have an amazing first date with a chance of getting that second date. But before we dive any further, let me tell you the best thing to do on a first date is to be yourself; Don’t fake it but flaunt it.
- Now here we go:
First date tips for girls
1. Have a fun, cheery attitude
- The first tip for girls is: Having a playful attitude is the key to the best first date. Don’t be super reserved or super anxious. Moreover, you shouldn’t shoot the guy with questions like what do you do for a living? How much you earn? Etc. It’s good to ask questions, but they should be such that they hint if the guy is long term material or not or about his personality.
- You have to remember this is just a first date and not an interview to finding a life mate. Let the conversation see it’s way on its own and flow smoothly.
2. Stay away from your phone
- The second tip for girls are: I know it sounds complicated and you are feeling like “What? No way.” But you are going on a date with a human and not your phone. If you are too busy on your phone, they will feel ignored, and I don’t think it’s an ideal date.
- If you want to take an urgent call or text, let them know it’s important and take it.
3. Be yourself
- The third tip for girls are: You must have read it above when I mentioned the best thing to do on a first date is to be yourself, and you must have thought “Why?” The reason is if you need to be someone other than you to impress someone, then they are simply not made for you. Girl, you need to know you are fantastic with an awesome personality no matter what people say. If anyone has a problem with it, change the people around not you. So, don’t fake it but flaunt it.
- Moreover, just imagine if you pretend to be super chill and dull to get a guy to like you and later he finds out that you are brilliant, what will you do?
- Although you need not reveal everything about you on the very first date, you need to say something. You can say what you do but don’t overplay it. Ex- If you are working as executive assistant of a company, don’t be like you are in the line to become CEO.
4. If he wants to let, then he pays
- The fourth tip for girls is: I know you must be thinking as an independent woman you shouldn’t but if the guy asked you out, then maybe he is expecting to pay for you.
- If such a thing happens, don’t fight with him. You may ask him to split the bill with you, once, but if he refuses, then let him pay.
5. Plan and go in confident
- The fifth tip for girls is: Whenever going out for a first date, you should try to plan. You should be confident and relaxed in your time. For this, you can jam with your happy to go to music before the time or do anything to make you feel good. Also, you can check out your dates social profiles to know somethings about him which will help you to make conversation. But don’t stalk them.
6. Let someone know about your date
- For your first date, especially if through an app or online dating, you should always inform a friend or family member. Tell them about the venue, the name of the person you are meeting, by what time you expect to be back, etc.
- As a bonus, you can later talk to your friends about your date and how it went.
7. Know what you want
- This is one of the most important tips for your first date. Everyone has a bucket list of what they want in their beloved. If you don’t, you must have some idea about the things you want or don’t want in your other half. So, on the first date, you should try and see if they cross off your bucket list items.
- It does not mean if they don’t match your list, reject them. You never know when someone might surprise you.
8. Check out for red flags
- When you go out on a first date, it’s essential to be vigilant. You should be relaxed, but that doesn’t mean you should keep your guard down. Always stay cautious and look out for warning signs or red flags. These flags are not to be raised when your date doesn’t match your list or expectations but when they depict some kind of behaviour that you think isn’t appropriate or some signs like that of aggression, obsession, etc. just run and don’t look back.
9. Exit strategy
- Among various things, how you end your date will have an impact on whether or not you are going to see your time again. If you end things abruptly, your chances will be slim. If that’s what you want, then make an excuse and go for it. But if not, then it is always handy to keep an exit strategy ready.
10. Be bold
- If you want to kiss your date, make them aware of it. You don’t have to wait for them to make the first move. You can lightly touch their arm and make them know you are open to a kiss. If they don’t reciprocate, no problem but if they do, it can be mesmerizing.
- Apart from all these tips, one thing that you should be careful of is your clothing. Your clothes need to be perfect according to the date. You can’t wear a short dress if you are to go hiking. You can’t wear heels if you are to go on an adventurous first date. So, your outfit should match the kind of partner you are going for. If it’s a dinner date, then it’s the best time to get that beautiful black dress of yours and wear it. Also, don’t over-accessorize. It should not look like you are trying way too hard.
- Secondly, don’t apply too much makeup. No one likes to dust off the powder on their shoulder after hugging a girl.
- Lastly, keep your essentials in your bag. Always carry a pepper spray with you, just in case.
First dates are often the hardest because you both don’t know each other and it’s hard to figure out if you like them or not. Also, there are so many things going on in mind, like if they are what they seem to be? If they are right for me? So these were the best tips for your first date. If you follow these tips, they will surely help you tackle these fears.
The real result of whether or not you had a perfect first date is getting a second date. If you made it, congrats but if you didn’t don’t get upset. There is plenty of fish in the sea.